21 Awesome Dinosaur Books Preschoolers Will Love
21 Awesome Dinosaur Books for preschoolers
My little boy and I have probably read all the dinosaur books at the library over the past few years. He simply adores dinosaurs! If you also have a preschooler who’s determined to be a paleontologist by 10, I’m resharing these awesome dinosaur books for you to enjoy.
Dinosaur Books Your Preschooler Will Love
1. Too Many Dinosaurs by Mercer Mayer is a fun romp on what happens when you have a dinosaur horn to call dinosaurs.
2. Whatever Happened to the Dinosaurs? by Bernard Most is a book my son recently checked out of the library.
3. Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! (Boynton on Board) is a wonderful board book we’ve had for several years. It’s survived four dinosaur-loving boys!
4. Dinosaur Chase by Carolyn Otto is one of my son’s all-time favorite dinosaur books. He’s had it read to him so many times, that my 4 yo daughter can recite it. It’s rather amusing and adorable to watch her sit and ‘read’ the book to her little brother.
5. First Picture Dinosaurs (First Picture Board Books) by Usborne has been well-loved in my house. It includes good pictures of dinosaurs with a few factoids.
6. National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs is a book my son gravitates to at the library. I can’t say how many times we’ve check out and rechecked out this book.
7. How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends? by Jane Yolen talks about how a child, or dinosaur, plays nicely with their friends.
8. How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane Yolen My son and I love reading this book at bedtime. It talks about how a little dinosaur, or child, goes to bed at night without begging for another book, throwing a fit, or roaring.
9. Dinosaurs! by Gail Gibbons is a book my 3yo makes a bee-line for in the nonfiction section. We’ve check this out many, many times.
10. Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff is a wonderful book to read to preschoolers and for beginning readers to read. This is an all-time favorite of mine.
11. Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs : The Definitive Pop-Up is a book we’ve managed to keep in one piece. It’s a thick pop-up that we only bring down for special occasions. It’s been a hit with many of our sons.
12. The Berenstain Bears’ Dinosaur Dig is a hit. We always enjoy the Berenstain Bears!
13. The Magic School Bus in the Time of the Dinosaurs We’ve read and loved the Magic School Bus series for the last decade. Now it’s my youngest child’s turn to fall in love with the Magic School Bus books.
14. When Dinosaurs Came with Everything by Elise Broach is a fun book to read. I appreciated the mother’s inventive approach to dealing with dinosaurs taking over her yard.
15. Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs by Byron Barton is a delightful easy dinosaur book to read. It is perfect for young, wiggly boys.
16. Dinosaur Train: Hey, Buddy! (Super Coloring Book) is a book that has kept my little boy entertained for hours.
17. Dinosaur Rescue! by Penny Dale is a fun read for my preschoolers. Both my son and daughter enjoyed joining me in reading the Weeeoooo and other sound effects of the rescue vehicles.
18. Dinosaurs Big and Small (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1) by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is another book from the nonfiction section. It meets my son’s demanding standard for dinosaur books.
19. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Journeys: Common Core Trade Book Grade 3 Boy, Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs by Kathleen V. Kudlinski was an interesting book about the different theories scientists have had about dinosaurs over the years.
20. Dinosaur Dinners (Eyewitness Readers, Level 2) this has been a favorite in my house for many years. It was recently passed down from older brother to youngest brother.
21. Dinosaurs Galore! by Giles Andreae is another fun romp through dinosaur lore.
These are 21 of our favorite dinosaur books that have made their way through our house.
What a great collection of dinosaur resources! My youngest daughter is really into dinosaurs… I can see her really getting into these books.
Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop).
Wishing you a lovely week.
My children and I have loved these books. I hope your daughter enjoys them as much as we do. 🙂
My 5yo looooooves dinosaurs, and this list has quite a few we haven’t read, so I’ll be looking for them! Thanks for the recommendations.
This is an AWESOME collection of books. Thanks so much for sharing a love for Dino’s with us! I’m pinning onto my literacy board.
Wow! What a list! Thanks so much for linking up on Booknificent Thursday this week. Always love to have you!
Wow, what a great list! We just did dinosaurs this week with my Kindergartener and a preschooler I watch. There are some really good titles on this list – we may have to extend our dinosaur week!
Thanks, Heather! My own kindergartener and preschooler love these books. 🙂
Wow! My kids will love these. Thanks for the suggestions!
My pleasure, Ashley! My kids adores these books. 🙂
Comments are closed.