Homeschooling has been a blessing for my family over the years. We have made friends, moved at our own pace, and made our own schedule.
I love not having to worry about the additional teacher workdays, half days, and full-day kindergarten. There are many reasons to love homeschooling, so here’s my list of why I love homeschooling.
51 Reasons to Love Homeschooling:
1. Laughing with the children during group time
2. Spending afternoons at the park
3. Spending afternoons on a nature walk
4. Not worrying about if a child is healthy enough to send to school or not
5. High school teens starting school early so they can be done at noon
6. Watching my sons play games together
7. Customizing classes based on children’s interests
8. Family history studies
9. Knowing exactly what my kids are learning
10. Teaching independence
11. Time for kids to pursue their passions
12. Being able to send teens to the store in the middle of the afternoon
13. Studying Latin
14. Learning cursive – after the angst of learning cursive is over, my kids enjoy knowing how to write in code since it’s no longer taught in the schools around here.
15. Days spent eating popcorn and reading good books
16. Starting the school year with the public schools and ending 3 weeks earlier – teacher workdays eat at summer vacation!
17. Getting schoolwork done during school and not having homework in the evenings
18. Sick days spent watching DVDs on history and science topics so we can keep moving in the school year
19. Being home when family comes to visit
20. Vacations when we wish to have them
21. Able to refuse the kids to use a calculator until high school
22. No worries about snow days upsetting our schedule except for the kids wanting to play outside all day.
23. Find a huge spider in the house, boys are around to send the hunting the creature.
24. Can lounge around in the house in whatever we want to wear!
25. Fall behind on the laundry, just wear PJ’s all day until the laundry is caught up
26. Able to school on weekends and take Wednesday off if we want
27. Great excuse to collect more books!
28. Studying a foreign language together as a family
29. Late readers still love reading
30. Choosing my kids’ literature books
31. Getting to learn with my kids
32. Refresher course on grammar without actually having to study it myself!
33. Get to do math every day! – What can I say, I’m a math major…
34. Private school education at a fraction of the cost
35. My 4th grader got to dissect a frog with his older siblings
36. In-depth science education at the elementary level
37. Mummifying a chicken
38. Playing with alcohol burners and praying the house doesn’t burn down
39. No worries about catching the school bus
40. Homeschool group’s Christmas Party
41. Baking 75 cupcakes for birthdays so they can celebrate with their friends
42. Chores double as home economics
43. All my kids know how to sew a button and iron a shirt
44. Sex education occurs when and as often my husband and I determine is best for each child
45. Active kids not stuck in a chair… send them outside to chase ants
46. If kids are tired from a crazy weekend, we can take Monday off
47. Being able to drop everything to deal with heartache
48. Being able to drop everything to discuss current news events
49. Reviewing material that’s not mastered
50. Learning to mastery instead of teaching to the test
51. No testing anxiety
Why do you love homeschooling?