inside: awesome and fabulous science gifts to delight your kids
Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat! Have you thought about gifts for your kids yet? If you have a science lover in the house, you can’t go wrong with these awesome science kits. They’ll inspire a love of science in your child.
7 Phenomenal Science Christmas Gifts
I have to admit that some of my own favorite Christmas gifts as a child, and as a parent, were science kits. Dad would take me to the lab. He’d do his experiments. I’d sit and work on my own project… when I wasn’t roller skating through the halls. The Christmas holidays were grand!
Sp check out these awesome kits of spectacular, slimy, science designed to delight your kids!
1. POOF-Slinky 0SA222 Scientific Explorer Disgusting Science Kit: Disgusting science is perfect for preteens. Kids learn about snot, bacteria, blood, and why feet stink!
There’s nothing going to intrigue young boys like making snot to gross their sister out! I set a rule that mothers are to be left alone or an especially loathed meal will be served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a WEEK!
This kit is recommended for children 8 years and older with adult supervision.
2. POOF-Slinky – Scientific Explorer Magic Science for Wizards Only Kit, 9- Activities, 0SA247 Is your child fascinated by magic? Adores reading fantasy books? Is your child’s favorite character Gandolf from the Lord of the Rings?
Try introducing them to Magic Science! This kit allows kids to make potions and spells to change colors while explaining the science behind the magical brews. Science at it’s finest!
This kit is recommended for children 6 years and older with adult supervision.
3. POOF-Slinky – Scientific Explorer My First Science Kit, 8-Activites, 0SA210 Don’t leave your preschooler out of the mix!
Encourage an early love of science with this kit to set up a color mixing laboratory or grow their own crystals!
This kit is recommended for children 4 years and older with adult supervision.
4. Candy Chemistry After all those candy canes, what kid doesn’t need more sugar after Christmas, and what parent doesn’t need a few peaceful hours?
And what fits the bill better than candy chemistry! Make gummy bears, chocolates, rock candy, and more using chemistry in the kitchen.
This kit is recommended for children ages 10 and older.
5. Olympia Sports 11832 Grow-A-Frog Kit Just what every mother needs! A frog growing kit for her children.
Set up an aquarium with the live tadpoles and watch them turn into frogs!
Beware, local temperatures need to be above 40 degrees and below 85 degrees in order for the tadpoles to survive shipment.
But just think of the fun and excitement of watching a tadpole grow into a frog in your very own house! This will fascinate kids from preschool through high school. And you even get a pet frog!
6. Smithsonian Diggin’ Up Dinosaurs T-Rex Do you have a budding paleontologist in the house? Someone who would rather dig up a dinosaur than chase a frog around the house?
Try this dinosaur dig from the Smithsonian! Not only do the kids dig up a plastic skeleton, but they get the pleasure of putting it together!
The recommended age is children 8-15 years old.
7. Elenco Snap Circuits SC-300 Physics Kit Snap Circuits are a blast and a truly excellent method for children to learn about electricity.
Snap Circuits allow children to build radios, fans, door bells, and many, many more projects. The best thing about this kit, the kids can take it apart and build the projects over and over and over and over….
This also has a recommended age of 8-15 years.
You can’t go wrong giving these delightful gifts to your kids. They’ll be busy for hours growing frogs, making candy, and building radios!